Position Title: Records and Information Management Officer (non-union)
We are currently seeking a highly motivated records and information management professional to contribute to our organizational mission of working with our communities to promote and protect health and prevent disease. Reporting to the Director, Corporate Services, the Records and Information Management Officer is an integral member of a multidisciplinary team supporting the information infrastructure of the organization.
The incumbent is responsible for the effective and appropriate management of the organization’s records (electronic and paper based) from their creation through to their disposal. Using Microsoft SharePoint and Collabware, the incumbent works collaboratively with Public Health Sudbury & Districts staff to create SharePoint sites and libraries according to organizational standards and advises staff on questions relating to the records classification and retention schedule. The Records and Information Management Officer plays a key role in the organization’s disaster recovery planning process, ensuring the protection of vital records and compliance with financial, legal, and regulatory requirements.
Education and Experience:
- Diploma or Degree in records and information management, health information management, information technology or a related field
- Certified Records Manager (CRM designation) an asset
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) an asset
- Minimum of three (3) years of work experience with progressive responsibilities in a records management, or related field
- Comprehensive knowledge of effective records management procedures, standards, classification systems design, records preservation, and vital records protection
- Demonstrated project management skills, including the ability to set priorities, establish timeframes, and organize resources
- Strong strategic, analytical and problem-solving ability
- Experience developing and supporting collaborative and cooperative working relationships with different groups or agencies
- Ability to handle sensitive issues diplomatically and confidentially
- Ability to work independently and as an integral team member
- Advanced level experience with word processing, presentation software, email, Internet and intranet usage, spreadsheets, and database software
- Satisfactory police reference check in accordance with Public Health Sudbury & Districts’ policy is required for this position.
Deadline to apply: Thursday, April 4, 2019 at noon